The care of your health is a partnership between you and us in the Primary Health Care Team. We will try to be as flexible, supportive and understanding as possible in helping you maintain your health.
This partnership like most others is supported by a shared understanding of each other’s responsibility in the relationship.
What should you expect from us:
- To be greeted courteously and with mutual respect.
- To have your health related issues treated in a confidential manner.
- To be seen by the doctor of your choice whenever possible.
- To be referred to other health professionals when deemed necessary.
- To receive the results of tests carried out by us upon request within 3 working days by contacting reception or at your next appointment.
- To aim to have repeat prescriptions ready for collection within one working day.
- To have suggestions and comments about the services given serious consideration by the practice team and any complaint dealt with quickly.
- To be seen urgently or have a domiciliary visit if your condition warrants it.
What we expect from you
- We expect to be treated with the same respect you receive from us.
- We should be kept up to date of any change of name, address or telephone number.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Only request an urgent appointment if it is genuinely urgent.
- Only request a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
Leaving our care
Our practice takes pride in the long-term relationship we have with our patients however any patient can move from our practice to any other, either when leaving our area or as a matter of choice.
Violence or the threat of it against any of the practice staff will result in us requesting you to leave our care immediately.